This weekend was absolutely crazy in my house. First, it was apple mania. I processed 6 pounds of apples. I made two loaves of apple bread and a double batch of apple sauce.
Then on Sunday it was supposed to be day 2 of apple mania but I got super sick. I still am I have the chills, coughs, and everything hurts so badly that I want to cry. However, life has to go on. I am a mom to my girls and they need me.
This week is going to be a week full of healthy comfort food in my house. The comfort food is also going to be very frugal food so anyone can afford to do this meal plan.
I have some great blog posts that will be out soon I just really need to get better first so just bear with me on this little blogging break. I will be gone for a few more days and then will be posting a lot more.
- French toast
- Smoothies with strawberry yogurt, and frozen strawberries- I just mix about 2 cups of yogurt, 6 strawberries, and a cup of milk together in the blender. It comes out so good. My 2-year-old will eat these any time of day!
- Pancakes and sausage on the weekend
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Tuna Sandwiches
- Possibly smoothies
- Apple Bread
- Roast beef sandwiches, with white bread, and homemade mac and cheese
- Grilled Cheese and cream of mushroom soup
- quesadillas (with sour cream), tortilla chips, and salsa
- baked chicken with mashed potatoes
- chili and cornbread
- Pulled chicken sandwiches, and chips
- Chocolate Pudding
- Apple Crisp
- Apple Bread
- (Possibly) Apple Pie
This lists included my favorite comfort foods. I hope everyone tries at least one because everyone needs to be able to take a break and eat some good food sometimes.